Counselling & Psychotherapy in Ealing, W5
I am an approachable, fully qualified, Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor (UKCP, MBACP, MBPsS, BA, PGDip). I trained at the prestigious Metanoia Institute, which has provided high-quality training in the psychological therapies for more than 30 years.
Having lived in various countries prior to settling in Britain 20 years ago, I embrace and deeply respect cultural and individual differences. Open to diversity in all its forms, I hold an anti-discriminatory stance and I am sensitive to issues related to belonging and adjustment.
I have worked in different mental health and therapeutic settings, supporting individuals presenting with a variety of concerns. Often people seek counselling to address specific problems, but at times clients desire to understand themselves better, both in terms of internal processes and in relation to others. You may lead a good enough life, but still feel the desire to change certain aspects which are causing you some distress. It could be that you are experiencing general feelings of emptiness and a lack of purpose and/or meaning. Perhaps you cannot think clearly and compassionately about yourself, or struggle to find your voice. In a warm and non-judgemental space I will listen to you very carefully and help you uncover meanings, whilst reflecting on your patterns and choices.
My special interests include Attachment, Trauma, Intergenerational Therapy, Jungian Dream Analysis, Animal Symbolism, as well as working therapeutically with photographs (my Doctoral Research) and other artistic mediums clients may bring to therapy.
I work with individuals who struggle with some of the following issues
- Low Moods and Depression
- Anxiety, Panic Attacks
- Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Isolation and Loneliness
- Sexual Abuse, Sexual Difficulties
- Loss, Bereavement, Grief
- Emotional and Physical Abuse
- Confidence and Low Self-esteem
- Shame and Unworthiness
- Relationship Difficulties, Family Issues
- Feelings of Emptiness, Meaninglessness
- Life Transitions
- Issues around Motivation and Change
- Suicidal Feelings
Training & Qualifications
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (Middlesex University and Metanoia Institute)
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology & Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute) – ongoing
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
- Certificate in Clinical Assessment and Evaluation (Metanoia Institute)
- Counselling Skills (City, University of London)
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology (University of East London, UEL) – Distinction
- BA (Hons) in Comparative Religion (School of Oriental & African Studies, SOAS) – First Class
I am committed to an ethical practice and my own continuous personal and professional development. I regularly attend supervision, personal therapy, post-graduate training, peer review, as well as seminars, workshops and conferences related to my field. This allows me to keep up to date with new developments and to offer an ethical and reflective practice.
- Metanoia Institute
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) – Full Clinical Member
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) – Registered Member
- British Psychological Society (BPS) – Graduate Member
- British Psychological Society Division of Counselling Psychology
I honour the Codes of Ethics of the aforementioned professional bodies and follow their guidelines. I am fully insured.
To learn more about the way I work and what to expect if you choose to undergo psychological therapy with me, please click here